The last ice cream recipe went over really well and I wanted try another one. This week is again something I developed from bits and pieces of other recipes. I also wanted a healthier version of ice cream that lower in carbs, high in healthy fats and lower in calories. I hope you all are not still thinking fat makes you fat. We need to eat healthy fats to help with satiety as well as lower cholesterol. In this recipe, the avocado and peanut butter serve as the monounsaturated fatty acids. According to the Harvard School of Public Health:
Unsaturated fats, which are liquid at room temperature, are considered beneficial fats because they can improve blood cholesterol levels, ease inflammation, stabilize heart rhythms, and play a number of other beneficial roles. Unsaturated fats are predominantly found in foods from plants, such as vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds.
Both avocado and peanut butter have these healthy fats. They also help make the ice cream have a smoother, richer texture. Remember, healthy fats are still fats, so they have nine calories per gram. You need only a small amount to reap the benefits. Here are the stats for this recipe:
Here is the recipe:
Vegan Low Carb Peanut Butter Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 Avocado
- 1.50 cups, Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 cups, Heavy Whipping Plant Cream Alternative
- 1.50 tsp, Vanilla extract
- 0.50 cup, Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 cups, Granulated Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add to an ice cream maker and process following the manufacturers instructions.
- Remove the ice cream to a freezer safe container and chill for at least 6 hours to overnight.
One thought on “Vegan Low Carb Peanut Butter Avocado Ice Cream”
Love vegan ice cream. Thank you 😊🌍