I couldn’t resist doing peanut butter cookies this week. I love peanut butter cookies, but they are another thing I usually avoid because the calories can add up quick. What I normally do with desserts I make is to make each serving only be a low amount of calories and I only have one. That way I can still have what I want without deprivation. These peanut butter cookies are pretty simple. I am starting out with a standard gluten free recipe from The Better Blondie and making some tweaks to lower the calorie count. This is where peanut butter powder comes in handy. You get all of the peanut flavor without the load of added calories. The best place to buy powdered peanut butter is at a warehouse store. I am also using sweetener from Swerve, which makes a great powdered and brown sugar varieties that taste great. These really don’t take any time at all. So if you want to whip a batch to have around, these will fit the bill.
Here are the original stats:
Here’s what I changed:
- I swapped out the peanut butter for peanut butter powder to lower the calories
- I swapped out the sugars for sweetener substitutes.
- I swapped out the all purpose flour for a mix of almond and coconut flour.
Here are the final stats:
Here is the final recipe:
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Substitute
- 1/2 cup Butter softened (vegan butter for dairy free)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg whole
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350′
- Put the peanut butter powder and 1/2 cup of water in a large bowl and mix until thick and hydrated. Add in softened butter (or vegan butter) and sugars to the bowl and using hand mixer to combine until smooth
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, add in the flours, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and then pour into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Mix with a spatula until fully mixed. Scoop out some of the dough and roll between your hands before placing on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten and apply the standard crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
One thought on “Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies”