I have a five pound bag of frozen peaches to use up. I bought these for Tony, who never got around to eating them. They are taking space in my freezer so I decided to do a couple of peach recipes to get rid of them. This week’s recipe is from Taste of Home for Just Peachy Pork Tenderloin. This recipe is fairly straight forward. However, this recipe has a lot of sugar from the peach preserves, so I will be making a sugar free version. I will be making more preserves than is needed for the recipe, so use the rest any way you like. I will also be using vegetables to round out the vitamins A and C and serving this over rice. I think this will be a wonderful use of the peaches.
Here are the original stats:
Here’s what I changed:
- I swapped out the fresh peaches for frozen ones because of what I had on hand.
- I swapped out the peach preserves with a homemade recipe without sugar.
- I added rice to bulk out the recipe.
Here are the final stats:
Here is the final recipe:
Pork Tenderloin with Peach Sauce
For the sugar free peach preserves
- 3 cups peeled and chopped peaches
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package fruit pectin
- ½ cup sucralose sugar substitute
For the pork tenderloin
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound frozen peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar free peach preserves
- Place the peaches into a 6- or 8-inch saucepot. Stir in 3/4 cup water. Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in sucralose. Skim foam off the surface of the jam using a metal spoon. Set aside.
- Flatten each tenderloin slice to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add peaches and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook and stir until peaches are tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the pork and 1/4 cup of the preserves; heat through.
One thought on “Pork Tenderloin with Peach Sauce”