This week, I’m mostly took a break from working on the house for Thanksgiving preparations. However, I did want to come up with what to do with the dark meat before the next weekend. Instead of looking up a recipe, I decided to develop one from some of my favorite fall flavors and a wonderful spice mix called Middle Eastern 7 spice or baharat. This spice mix is AMAZING. I use it all the time after I discovered it for another recipe. This is a recipe for the spice mix I use. Combine that with cranberries and pumpkin, and you have a well-rounded taste of fall. The Instant Pot is perfect for this, too. If you kept the frame from the breast portion, it would be even better. All the bones provide a wonderfully flavorful broth.
Here are the stats:
Here is the recipe:
Bharat and Cranberry Turkey Leg Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 15 oz(s), 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup, dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons, Baharat Seasoning
- 12 ounces, fresh cranberries
- 4 pounds, bone in turkey legs, skin removed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- Heat the olive oil in sauté mode. Add in the carrots and bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Turn off the heat and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Close the lid and set to pressure cook for 30 minutes on high. Allow for a natural release.
- Remove the turkey from the bones and shred the meat.
- Add the meat back into the stew.